most be doing something right.

Reaction score
checked my nitrates and they were between 0 and 5 or 0 not sure. pond was full of plants the mini bog was packed full. so time for craigslist the rootballs in the mini bog was so tangled up it was hard to remove them. got rid of 20 or so water hyacinth and soem water lettuce and hornwort. I put a sponge filter in my pond on sunday and put it in the isolation tank along with some ceramic media and with two 3" gf no ammonia or nitrites. Plenty of water hyacinths in there too.
my 30 gal plant pond with a few minnows and a real small gf never did much the plants hardly grew. I had them all in gravel and with plant tabs. the floaters did ok but not great but the potted ones hardly grew. I had been using lf in there but they just did not do much. but I did not have a filter or any moving water could that be it?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My lotus pond is still water, with the plants in clay, I add tabs and have some minnows for bug control. They are growing nicely. Maybe you need more tabs?

Reaction score
2 goldfish are not enough for that amount of plants. You have to substitute some fertilizer tabs for more growth.

Reaction score
I put in three fert tab's less then a month ago. plus laguna's liquid fert.
I did not want to add more fish I would have just had to gibe them away in the fall.

Ask a Question