Most expensive Koi you've bought?

What is the most expensive Koi you have purchased?

• $5 to $50

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $50 to $100

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • $100 to $400

• $400 and up

• $$$ your kids can't go to college now $1000+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I planning how to stock my new pond. Waiting until spring to buy fish. I found this place near where I live. http://www.clarkekoi.com/KoiForSale.html

I plan on buying some good quality Koi and wondered what good quality fish cost.

This place above has nice looking fish and they are between $225 to $375 cdn for 8-10" fish.

I thought I would take a poll to see how much people spend on there fish.

Take the poll

Reaction score
Lol looks like we are all cheap skates so far. My reasoning was I wanted to see them grow and I'm not a breeder so I didn't really care if the coloring was perfect.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
newday3000 said:
I planning how to stock my new pond. Waiting until spring to buy fish. I found this place near where I live. http://www.clarkekoi.com/KoiForSale.html

I plan on buying some good quality Koi and wondered what good quality fish cost.

This place above has nice looking fish and they are between $225 to $375 cdn for 8-10" fish.

I thought I would take a poll to see how much people spend on there fish.

Take the poll

Too bad you don't live driving distance from me. I have some nice Koi about that size for 1/3 that price.

Reaction score
I clicked 0-50, but most of mine were closer to $50 than $0 - average price was $30. I opted for them because they were still small/young, and I wanted to grow them out, rather than start with a big fish. Like oldhead, I'm not breeding, so it doesn't matter if they don't turn out great.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hey... you didnt set it up so we can see who voted in each catagorie..i just wonder whos got the coin for the real expensive fish. i am lookin to get adopted!!

Ask a Question