Moved babies outside at last

Reaction score
Havent had the time to visit the forum these last few weeks, been super busy. Today we finally made the time to move the babies that have wintered in the 750 outside ... Took pictures as they were moved ...

Group 1 ... These guys were the easiest to catch since they were inside the little "fry basket"...

Group 2 ... Took a few pictures trying to catch the ginrin scales on 4 of them ... All 3 of the "yellow" fish, and the largest "white" fish are ginrin ...

Reaction score
Geesh ... The site said I was posting too many pictures, so divided into multi posts ... Now to narrow my keepers down to 20 ....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have a lot of nice variations of color patterns. I don't know anything about koi but they all look very pretty to me.

Reaction score
j.w said:
You have a lot of nice variations of color patterns. I don't know anything about koi but they all look very pretty to me.
I dont know body structure as well as I would like, but my goal was simply variety of color, but I cant possibly keep them all;-)

Reaction score
gardengirl said:
How many do you have total? What will you do with the extras? They have a lot of colors.
To be honest, I have to go back through the pictures of the full group pics, and count them. I lost two little guys at about an inch, they just wouldnt eat, and when hubby added another filter (protein skimmer) to their inside pond, a couple committed suicide trying to swim up stream (til he blocked it) ... I'd say there's about 100 babies ... We'll eventually find homes for whomever we dont keep ... or build yet another pond;-)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Why not cape? You and your hubby just have to build a gigantasaures lake for them all to fit in.................how hard can that be :cheerful:

Reaction score
j.w said:
Why not cape? You and your hubby just have to build a gigantasaures lake for them all to fit in.................how hard can that be :cheerful:
Oh you are funny ... Aside from being slammed with work, hubby redid the bog, replumbed the main pond, and has the 4500 gallon in ... Meanwhile the fish in the main pond have been spawning like crazy (seeing fry everywhere)... Last night I said something to hubby that I was curious what species they were ... He grabbed a scoop of them (comets and shubs) ... since they were caught, I threw them in the 55 with the few remaining shubs that I had in there ... since this morning, he has been a smartass and brought me about another 75 fry to add to the 55 ... I told him I was NOT raising out more fry this year ... As it was, the "left overs" from the 600 got "dumped" into the main pond a month or so ago ... We NEED another pond, but I am getting my PATIO before the NEXT pond goes in LOL ...

Reaction score
mrsclem said:
Beautiful fish!! Raising Gin Rins as well, love them. Moved 2 dozen to sale tanks today to make room for more fry.
I love the ginrins, but cant get them locally at all ... that's why I ordered them at the start of winter to grow out ... Plan to sit on ALL the ginrins for awhile, and then keep the best of them ,,, but I want some of the other colors as well LOL ...

Ask a Question