Moving House - Moving Pond

Reaction score
OH my gosh, That is one heck of a chore you had. It looks a thousand times better!! If we were close, Id come right on over and collect all of your extras! Its going to look lovely!!

Reaction score
This is it as we speak

10250191_719379814752148_383783992665919343_n.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks good so far but what about the waterfall or what looks like one in the right side of the pic on here

Reaction score
The waterfall is fully working thankfully, once I get my pump/filter transferred I will get it up and running

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic work! That pond looks beautiful

I have patched liners using a piece of liner and the pl roofing goop, a lot of goop between dry liner and patch, then I goop around the edge of the patch and add a second piece of liner.

Reaction score
Unfortunately my patch didn't work, it was losing around 2 inches of water every few hours.

Today I purchased evo-stick wet grab and some plastic pond liner.

This stuff works underwater so I didn't have to drain the pond, I just had to clean the area I was patching.

It seems to have stuck good but only time will tell!

Reaction score
Second patch was a success :)

I will be moving into the house in the upcoming weeks and will get the waterfall working again, will post photos then

Reaction score
Perhaps it's just the picture, but it looks like the pond is lower than some of the surrounding ground. If so, rain will wash dirt into your pond and undo your cleaning. You could fix this either by making a trench around the pond to divert water or by making a dam around the areas that are lower than or even with the surrounding soil.

It's a nice pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It looks like it has potential but I agree with the other comments that the edges need to be raised. Chemicals from your garden/lawn,residues from nearby stone and pavers, residues from building materials from your home such as roofing etc. will negatively affect the health of your fish. Water run off that include fertilizer and weed killer can kill your fish. Also you don't want the ph and chemical balance of your pond to be altered every time it rains by having it flood. To pick plants I would go to a nearby garden center that carries plant that grow well in your region and look for plants that grow better in sun or shade depending on how your pond is situated. Sometimes picking plants is a little trial and error to see which ones do better by your pond.

Reaction score
The run of wont be so bad, as although it looks raised around the sides of the pond, it is only stones, so the water runs down through the stones and under the pond

Reaction score
The pond has been there for around 20 years and just got over-grown. The previous owners were my aunt and uncle, they had no issues with overspill as the hills around are gravel, nothing washes down the bankings, the only issues is cleaning elaves from the surrounding trees.

I have had my fish in the pond for a couple of weeks now and they are happy :)

I also purchase some new 14" koi

Ask a Question