Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It has been a little while since the last update which is due to the rescue now running at full size means I have nearly 60 turtles in there now and so much more time needed to care for them.
As far as the rescue overall things are going very well as I mentioned all the new upgrades and expansions such as the sanctuary area for box turtles is now up and running and the quarantine area can now hold up to 14 sick turtles if needed. I have also been able to find volunteers now to help out so that I can get more complex tasks done instead of having to use my time on the basic chores of the rescue which don't require any real specialty. I will be posting a copy of the full update and newsletter in a couple days since I am also tied up right now with renewing my CPL (H) (helicopter pilot licence) so once I am done with that I will have time to put up the full update. As always thanks for supporting the rescue and caring about these amazing creatures I care so much about. Anyone who supports helping turtles is really doing a good deed as they are one of the unlucky animal groups that are often overlooked so I appreciate everyone who follows us and supports the cause. Thanks.
-- Marshall A. Smith (Owner/Operator MS-ATR)
Untitled.jpg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Congrats on becoming fully operational.
Thanks. It was a real headache but that is generally the case with almost any new operation that the initial upstart is the toughest. I was lucky enough to have found a few people who shared my enthusiasm for the turtles and so them helping out made it possible to get the rescue going full tilt in a shorter time. My next goal is to possibly create a teaching series where people can come to the rescue and get hands on experience and lessons in order to start rescues in other locations that are too far away from MS-ATR to use our services.

Ask a Question