Must see Frog Photo (graphic)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
WOW, tonight sitting by the pond my wife and I are watching the ducks and heard a huge splash, ducks even flew to the stream. I looked and said oh no a bird is in the water drowning because I see it wings moving in distress. I run and get the net and I could not believe my eyes when I get there but the frog caught the house sparrow. It was swimming underwater with it. I knew they could catch birds but I never witnessed it. So all of you who asked can frogs eat fish YES they can. I ran and grab my iPhone and grabbed this shot

Frog with bird.jpg

Here are the ducks in the stream

Ducks in the Stream.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, I've seen pics of bullfrogs eating birds on internet. Neat (well maybe not neat ...) that you witnessed it as proof! Your pond and stream are gorgeous! Love the tall flat waterfall from stream.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
I have quite a large northern green frog (bigger than a tennis ball) and was wondering if they had the same eating habits as bullfrogs. I should start counting my fish daily....:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh......poor birdie. I know it's nature....but still, I feel sorry for the bird....what a horrible way to go:( Do you have many bird feeders by the pond? Maybe best to not draw them to close to froggy's lair.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Gross thankfully our frogs dont go snacking on birds here in the Uk

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat you captured the photo but not so neat having to witness it. Just the way of nature. The big fella's gotta eat but what goes around comes around

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Did he actually eat it? Or just catch and drown it and then spit it out? That's what ours does, more often than not - which is annoying. EAT WHAT YOU CATCH YOU BIG BULLY!
No he did not eat it. Way to big for him. I scooped it out with the net.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh......poor birdie. I know it's nature....but still, I feel sorry for the bird....what a horrible way to go:( Do you have many bird feeders by the pond? Maybe best to not draw them to close to froggy's lair.
I have feeders but they are away from the edge. This fellow most likely was getting a drink on the edge near a very naughty frog

Ask a Question