Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
done rocking in the pond.

don't feel like posting pics though

Because unless I am willing to fill the pond up in 3 minute burts and then wait 24 hours and repeat until its full,

then I probably cant fill it up till spring :(

I will explain later, for now though I am extremely sad, I raced to the point where I could fill it up and get those fish out of the tiny holding tANKS they are in to no avail.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh boy... it's like a cliffhanger! Sorry to hear you're sad... I'm going to venture a guess this has something to do with the fires nearby. Hang in there... we learn much from patience, too!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Oh boy... it's like a cliffhanger! Sorry to hear you're sad... I'm going to venture a guess this has something to do with the fires nearby. Hang in there... we learn much from patience, too!
Yeah, fires, and the water outlet from the resivoir to the city broke, so they had to stop using it, and water supply is now very very limited.

I have two other options though,

well, which yes the water parameters are fine, and we know from using that water for two months straight onece ( showering drinking, just everything ) that it does not cause much harm, otherthan a few Exsess minerals.

But our well is dryer than normal due to the resivoir being draned down to fix the outlet, so the ditch that it get the well water from isn’t running. Hence running in few minute bursts and waiting. Another Idea was to run it at trickle speed, and see if that works, but again it would take forever.

Or, using excess waterleft in the ditch, straight form it. Dint like that one cause the water is drak brown with dirt, so it would instantly make the pond nasty.

pics to come alter cause I am now not outside and dint feel like going outside, I know lazyness.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Sorry to hear it! Water availability for livestock and the garden was a big factor in us putting a pond in. Cliff hangers are exciting but not this kind. Hoping for some rain to come your way soon!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear it! Water availability for livestock and the garden was a big factor in us putting a pond in. Cliff hangers are exciting but not this kind. Hoping for some rain to come your way soon!

I decided to do the dribble from the well, so overnight I got 3 inches of water.

It will take around a week to fill up probably.........

and I have to be checking the water pressure in the well constantly :(

honestly still fine but a week!

hoping for some rain around here too, put out the fires and get some water running through the ditch.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It took me about 2-3 weeks to fill our pond. We are also on a well and it was a very dry summer, so I would only run it for a hour or so a day. We had some neighbors go dry, which we never have.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
The pond was mostly filled up, so I went ahead and stuck a sprinkler pump in the ditch and pumped the rest of the water in, saved me a couple days of filling :) Looks a lot worse that I would have liked it too, but here are much needed update pics, of course I am still working on edging and such, and I cant run the little flagstone waterfall because we have not got above freezing at all today, and are getting snow tonight.

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Yuppp, I put the fish in, no cycling period.

Just the two 4 inch koi and the two 8 inch goldfish, so not a whole lot, and there above ground containers were getting ice, toooooo much ice, so I figured it was okay ish to put them in, the seem fine. :)

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Looking good sir.
Thank you,

I will of course tear up the edging In the spring, as all those lousy little stones look about five times worse than what is actually under the water, but for now it is a better home for the fish. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You got 'er done - that's the spirit! Now the long wait until spring...

How's the fire situation?

Ask a Question