My 1/2 and 1/2 pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am quite proud of the finished edition of my first ever pond build, I few hiccups along the way such as the original pump and filter not being man enough so added an additional pressure filter, added some comets and goldfish after around 2/3 months of letting the water settle.

Attachments

• 1CAD5D22-9C23-4C64-8EA0-D45B2697BB2B.jpeg
    1CAD5D22-9C23-4C64-8EA0-D45B2697BB2B.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 242
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome to GPF and looks really nice
Do the row of plants in the rear serve as a bog?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to GPF and looks really nice
Do the row of plants in the rear serve as a bog?
Hi, no they don’t but I eventually want to have a cascade coming from the middle into the pond but for the moment it just serves as a plant pot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For those wondering, at the deepest end it’s 2ft below and 1ft above, shallow end 1ft below and 1ft above, was toying with the idea of having it all raised but I liked the idea of the deep end being beneath the frost zone, hope it’s correct.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Very nice! You did a phenomenal job! What kind of wood is that? Bamboo? Plus a good idea of building it partially underground. I enjoy seeing different types of ponds. Some people build them out of wood, concrete, blocks etc. Basically creatively using building materials. And some strive for the natural look. I love them all. Well done...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used 8 cut down fence posts and concreted them 2ft in the ground, the surround is decking boards, I luckily found some 4x2 laying around at work so I bought it home which I used for the frame then I boarded out the inside with mdf sheets

Ask a Question