My 2 little ponds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I built two ponds just wondering what sort of stock amount in each pond there 4x3x2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 306
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like some tench kio and goldfish if possible I know I will have to get a bigger pond when the kio start getting big

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would recommend no more than 10 fish per pond and, sorry, no Koi. The horizontal measurements of your ponds would severely restrict movement and level of exercise needed for Koi to remain proper health. Koi will easily grow to 10 inches (25 cm) in length in the first 12 - 13 months of life. This would only give you a year to get a new pond ready.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice job on your ponds, very clean looking job. I agree with Meyer about the fish load.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's cool don't wont to over do it I know what it's like with stocking I have a 5x2x2 marine reef tank thanks for your advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any plants you could suggest don't have a substract on the bottom so would need robe floating or in basket

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Shubunkins are real pretty multi colored , they call them poor man's koi. I have shubbies, just love them lots of great colors.

Great looking ponds btw, and welcome to our group of ponding fanatics!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Little fat fantails are cute to watch .I call them butt wigglers as they use there tail fins to swim .They are slow growers and very friendly if you get them used to you when they are little .Mine love belly rubs .They swim into your hands for it and love being fed .

Ask a Question