my 3rd pond

Reaction score
Hi new here, I've built ponds before and overwintered fish fine where I live before. This is my new pond project. I only have room for a small pond behind the pool. I have uploaded some gallery photo's of my project.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome-Daisy-Bug.gif

to our group!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome to the pond forum and being that you are in Canada and being that close to the pool edge you may want to make sure you do not get frost heave and break the edge of your concrete .Been there done that ,when I lived in NJ that happened to me and the whole edge of the pool lifted up and then broke .It was only an edge but still cost a lot to repair it .

Reaction score
welcome to the pond forum and being that you are in Canada and being that close to the pool edge you may want to make sure you do not get frost heave and break the edge of your concrete .Been there done that ,when I lived in NJ that happened to me and the whole edge of the pool lifted up and then broke .It was only an edge but still cost a lot to repair it .

I am worried about that happening. I have left the dirt 12" past the concrete. The concrete is sitting on the original packed earth and a pond not as deep was there before was loose rocks. My thinking was it's just deeper than what was there before.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was told if I wanted to keep my water feature where it was and protect the pool edge from heaving again that I should pound rebar in the ground and the back pack it with cement .When I sold the house it was a little over 2 years later and it had not cracked or heaved again

Ask a Question