My 60 gallon tank.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
In addition to my 450+ gallon pond and my whiskey barrel water garden I also have a 60 gallon tank with an Electric Blue Acara Cichlid, two German Blue Ram Cichlids, a Clown Loach, and two Otocinclus. I recently added a couple bunches of Amazon Sword plants and I’m hoping they’ll do well with the cichlids. I have plans to add a group of Columbian Redfin Tetras but I have yet to find any in my local fish stores.

56EAC9AB-E8FE-4CD2-965E-A17A4C5054D0.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@bettasngoldfish I already had the artificial drift wood so I went with that look. It's a South American cichlid tank after all. If it was an African cichlid tank I would probably have a lot more hiding places or rock caves for them to reduce aggression but they seem to get along pretty well so far.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Are you liking the 60 size wise? I’m starting to look at tanks for Sparky my electric blue Jack Dempsey. If he remains solo I was thinking in that range. He does have 4 cories he is growing up with that comes with the package. Sparky is a pig when he eats. Not even a year and he’s packing it on. I am thinking no more roomies for him. But I like that 60.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yea, I really like the 60 gallon. The 55 gallon tank I had was a little easier to clean because it was 18 inches high instead of 24. However, I like the added height to the 60 gallon tank because it gives more frontal viewing and vertical swimming space for the fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Yea, I really like the 60 gallon. The 55 gallon tank I had was a little easier to clean because it was 18 inches high instead of 24. However, I like the added height to the 60 gallon tank because it gives more frontal viewing and vertical swimming space for the fish.
It’s really becoming a space issue for me. I could squeeze in something bigger but it’s getting to the point of needing a fish room and that would be the garage some day. A taller 60 fits the bill nicely and I think should be ok for 1 JD and 4 cories. No smaller though. Mind is made up.

Ask a Question