My beautifully clear pond

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It started last week, the haze began to clear. Every day was just a bit clearer. One day, I could see the rim of the planters, another, the top of the bricks that they sit on. And I have waited, patiently. Waited to be able to hop on the forum and do the clear water jig and laugh and dance and yell "I HAVE CLEAR WATER" at the top of my lungs. Yesterday I knew I was there. I could see every glorious inch of bottom, every leaf not yet scooped, the hose running from pump to bog. It was glorious. GLORIOUS!
I began planning the thread, how epic it would be and how jealous everyone would be of my clear sparkling pond.
Until my husband knocked a full oil pan full of cat litter into it this morning......
That.Is.All.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing! I have done that more than once, I have kitty litter on the bottom of my pond, I just leave it. I think it helps. Where the litter is it stays clean of muck.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
very innocent! mix the lemon juice with the vodka!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your water will clear up T and like addy says that kitty litter after it settles even makes it clearer.
Enjoy your vodka and lemon drink

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i just left it in mine, seems to help the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Ha, I will I just had to laugh though. And I don't want to get in there to fish it out so it will sit until spring.
Laughing is the first sign of too much Vodka and not enouh Juice :happy:

Dave

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My pump just waved me the big ole finger this morning. GAK! It is now lying peacefully on the bottom of my pond slumbering....And probably canoodling with that dang bucket of kitty litter. I can just see the 2 of them laying on the bottom conspiring against me. No.... Wait... That's not true. I can NO LONGER SEE THE BOTTOM. You know why???? BECAUSE OF THE DANG KITTY LITTER AND NOW NON WORKING PUMP LAYING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POND CANOODLING THAT'S WHY!!!
It's at times like this I really really wish I'd taken up knitting instead of ponding.....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing tbendl.............. One reason I stuck with exterior pumps my whole ponding life. Yeah you need to pull them for winter, but they are not in the water, easy to work on.
Very quiet you don't even notice them running. The only thing in the pond is the covering over the intake piping.

Ask a Question