My buddy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Now she calls to me to come outside…she got a Frog today but still has not been able to snag fish. She loves companionship but it’s too hot for me to stay out long:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Here we go

Attachments

• EAF189C3-C42F-4006-A5EC-0D017EB47CA0.jpeg
    EAF189C3-C42F-4006-A5EC-0D017EB47CA0.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 30

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wonder if this bird wasn't a part of someone's family for awhile and has flown away from them and is now humanized? Can you walk up to it while talking calmly to it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I wonder if this bird wasn't a part of someone's family for awhile and has flown away from them and is now humanized? Can you walk up to it while talking calmly to
I am afraid that someone was feeding her and then left (snowbird?) So sad because she runs to all of the windows as I walk through the house and waits patiently at each room window until I leave it...I was so happy to see her get a snake and a frog so I know she is eating something....Just seems to want companionship...Hope she/he finds a mate so I don't feel so bad when I can't go out with her all the time. She comes very close but still has her "space" and if I move too quickly she jumps backward. I can see that she has been chased with a broom or something because when I pick one up to sweep the patio she gets frantic....

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Amazing she looks through your windows!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is there any buyable food that she can eat? Chicken livers the package of stuff they sale at some stores. Since they are carnivores you could feed her, if you want to. Poor bird looking for her humans.

Egrets primarily eat fish, crustaceans, shellfish, insects, and invertebrates of various kinds. Overall, egrets can be considered carnivores, as they consume virtually no plant foods. Like herons, egrets are exceptionally intelligent birds that use various innovative hunting techniques.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I started giving her a little chicken since I can see that she is eating VERY little on her own. She misses a lot of lizards so I am thinking maybe she was not taught well to hunt...She only leaves my yard at night to fly to wherever she sleeps.....Ugh! She sure picked the right person to train!

Ask a Question