My Diy bamboo trapal pond

Reaction score
Tawagan Norte, Labangan Zamboanga del sur
Country
Philippines
Building a koi pond here in my place needs huge amount of money from the materials and labor cost, but because of our ingenuity we find ways to make use materials that are cheap although they will not last long but we enjoy the hobby. for example in my case I used bamboos as frame to my koi pond and trapal serves as a liner trapal is made up of plastic materials just like the materials that are used in bagging rice.
trapal pond.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looks good!...and with a bit of native landscaping, I bet it could top those most expensive ponds!
Very educational, thanks for sharing!:)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Looks good!...and with a bit of native landscaping, I bet it could top those most expensive ponds!
Very educational, thanks for sharing!:)
This trapal pond is commonly used by koi keepers that can't afford to build expensive ponds. The common frame they used are woods but in my case bamboos are abundant, so I make used with it. this is the actual video I place my baby shiro utsuri and showa here

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This trapal pond is commonly used by koi keepers that can't afford to build expensive ponds. The common frame they used are woods but in my case bamboos are abundant, so I make used with it. this is the actual video I place my baby shiro utsuri and showa here
Aww how cute are those babies! You're soooo lucky! The way my pond is, it is not that easy to interact with the fish unless I go in it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Gemma, I always train my kois to be hand feed since they were just babies this are my big kois that I hand feed
I would love my koi to be that tame and I was making progress....but then I learned they have teeth, it kinda scared me a little (a lot):woot:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing. Bamboo is very strong and flexible.

But i'm wondering why did you choose to cut it instead of using the whole bamboo, which will probably make it a lot stronger and probably last longer (and a lot less work!!!) :) Hope you dont take it as an attack, just curious here.

I'm from Thailand so I know my bamboo ;)

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks for sharing. Bamboo is very strong and flexible.

But i'm wondering why did you choose to cut it instead of using the whole bamboo, which will probably make it a lot stronger and probably last longer (and a lot less work!!!) :) Hope you dont take it as an attack, just curious here.

I'm from Thailand so I know my bamboo ;)
Hello, I need to cut them to strips so that it would be easier to nail. They can withstand the pressure because the space in between is near to each other in addition the trapal or liner will not bloat if we used the whole bamboo there will be big spaces in between.

Ask a Question