My dream (part time) job...

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Within reason, is there always a job that you've wanted to do for the heck of it? Not for money or fame or anything. Something that's reachable and not imaginary.

Now that football season is back (sorry folks, American football season), I'm reminded of my dream job.

My dream job is this guy. I want to be the guy who carries the down marker up and down the sidelines during a game. What is your dream job?

ACC_official_holds_%22down%22_marker_%28game_between_Virginia_Tech_and_Duke_University,_2007%29.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have two Dream jobs, Both I have dabbled in and out of several times in my life. I would love to Race cars, work for a race team, or sell Track side merchandise at a racing event, Or I would love to work at a Koi farm or Tropical fish distributor.
Best job I ever had was working for U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. I worked in a lab and maintained several salt water systems and designed two labs for testing dredge sediment and it's effects on plant and animal when disturbed. I got to travel to many bays, rivers, and lakes all over the U.S. and got to study the aquatic life that lived in many of these water ways. Really cool job until our company finished our contract and everyone went to other venues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Cant understand this game at all John its a tad like our rugby my friend yet you call it football our national sport :confused: thats soccer to you :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :) :happy:.
Now you wont see a Brit playing rugby wearing all that padding your football players use. :LOL:
Most rugby players sport collyflour ears and broken noses and they are seen as badges of honour in rugby :cool:
They sort of look at your game as being slighly soft
Dave

Last edited:

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
Within reason, is there always a job that you've wanted to do for the heck of it? Not for money or fame or anything. Something that's reachable and not imaginary.

Now that football season is back (sorry folks, American football season), I'm reminded of my dream job.

My dream job is this guy. I want to be the guy who carries the down marker up and down the sidelines during a game. What is your dream job?

ACC_official_holds_%22down%22_marker_%28game_between_Virginia_Tech_and_Duke_University,_2007%29.jpg
I would like to own my own water sports (parasailing, banana boat, jetski) business in Myrtle Beach!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dream job #1
A few years ago we went to Cyprus for a summer holiday. A guy dressed in just shorts, sunglasses and sandals spent his day strolling up and down the beach with a cool box selling ice creams and cold drinks, chatting to the holiday-makers, answering questions and generally making friends with every one. He made enough money in the summer to keep himself through the winter. Right now, sitting at my desk with an Inbox clamouring for attention, a day of meetings and a to-do list that's never gets any shorter, it seems a great alternative.

Dream job #2.
I have always loved flying, and my dream job would be to be a bush pilot in Alaska or a northern Canadian state. I intend to visit there in the next few years. My brother went to Vancouver Island some time ago, and brought back some stunning photos.

Ask a Question