My first dragonfly visitor! <3

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Was out at the patio pond yesterday and noticed our first dragonfly visitor! (That I know of) <3 They're definitely welcome in my pond!
IMG_20180731_101436.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Cool shot!
I love dragonfly! I noticed some years we get a lot of them all different colors, and some years we might see a few here and there throughout the season, I'm not sure why cause we don't do anything different with the pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love the dragonflies! If you build it they will come and you got a nice shot of your first one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a bunch of turquoise dragon flies that hang out by my pond. I took a picture of one I saw today. It's in the middle of the picture. About a week ago two of them were hooked together... I guess probably mating and they tried to come in our back door. My wife was pretty surprised by the whole thing and didn't know what was making all the fluttering. Eventually I got them to leave.
I did see a really unusual dragonfly earlier in the day. It was a giant green one and it was using it's tail to scrape the top of a lily pad and then dip in the water. It was pretty weird. Unfortunately I didn't have anything to take a picture and it was gone by the time I got back with my camera.
IMG_20180802_174722345.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laying
I have a bunch of turquoise dragon flies that hang out by my pond. I took a picture of one I saw today. It's in the middle of the picture. About a week ago two of them were hooked together... I guess probably mating and they tried to come in our back door. My wife was pretty surprised by the whole thing and didn't know what was making all the fluttering. Eventually I got them to leave.
I did see a really unusual dragonfly earlier in the day. It was a giant green one and it was using it's tail to scrape the top of a lily pad and then dip in the water. It was pretty weird. Unfortunately I didn't have anything to take a picture and it was gone by the time I got back with my camera.View attachment 114282
Laying eggs

Ask a Question