My first pond.

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Here are some pictures we took of our first pond. The one of the whole pond was taken at dusk when the lights had just gone on. I wish I could figure out how to get a nice night pic...

Joanie

Attachments

• P9150042.jpg
    P9150042.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 485
  • P9150035.jpg
    P9150035.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 415
  • P9190049.jpg
    P9190049.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 476
  • P9190050.jpg
    P9190050.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 444

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Thank you! I can't take credit for how natural it looks, however. I drew the pond design and did the landscaping, but I found someone out in Amish country to do the pond for me and told him "as much like a woodland pond as possible". The rocks were dug from his family farm! Anyhow, one of the most ingenious things is the series of drips to the right of the last fall.. they seep downward through the rocks and the birds rest on the rocks and drink from them. He used a small pump and tubing that he'd poked holes in. I didn't want fish, but he brought them and of course I've become quite attached to them.

Reaction score
That is incredible. It does not look at all like it was built by man, it looks like mother nature herself put that there ! That man has a talent, can i borrow him? LOL
That is one of the best looking ponds I have ever seen and if I can get mine to look half that nice I will be happy as a clam ! The heighth of that waterfall is a lot like what I am planning but I aint figured out yet just how to go about it ! :)

What an inspiration your pond is ! Thank you for sharing the photos :biggrin:

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Koiguy1969 - I have a Savio skimmer with a 4750 waterfall pump right in the skimmer. Though the total elevation is only about four feet, the distance from the skimmer to the top is over 15 feet. I guess he wanted to make sure it got there.

Joanie

Ask a Question