My fish have got to be confused.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
last week, lows in the single digits, 3 inches of ice over the pond, I was WALKING on the pond. Monday and tuesday low 40's, tomorrow looking at almost 50, no ice on the pond now. Last night the fish were swimming around like they forgot it was december.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
They are doing the same thing here, Although only light ice a few times with how shallow my pond is the temps dropped down to below 40 and the pond looked empty, today we got up to 63 outside and the pond was back up to 55 and they were all out searching for food as normal, No feeding of course but it's interesting watching them slowly gliding in the water when they were extemely active and eagerly eating three weeks ago.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Very strange weather for us so far this winter, usually we are buried in snow by now. I remember Thanksgivings, and even Halloweens with snow on the ground, this year it looks like we wont even have snow by Christmas.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, snow on Christmas? We had to make a 3000 mile journey last year to chase down snow for a white Christmas, Ended up in the smokey Mountains and got a white christmas but that's the only way we got to see snow on Christmas. That was also the VERY first time I had ever seen snow on Christmas! LOL BTW, the high today is back in the low 70's....

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Oh yes... I remember southern Christmas, we lived in Ft. Hood, Texas for about 4 years. Did see snow a few times while we were there, funny to see how everything shut down for a dusting of snow after living in a place like Iowa.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The weather can't decide if it is winter or summer it seems

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll take some nice deep snow but if it's not gonna do that then I'll take the 70* stuff!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I love me some snow, I like playing with the snowblower, I like driving in it (especially those mornings when there's a huge snow storm and I'm the only one on the road and I'm not even sure where the road is :) ) I like snowmobiling, I just don't like the days when its -30 with the windchill and you can't go outside an enjoy it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the cold crisp winter weather, the snow is fun too, but I don't have to drive to work. If the road is white .........no go anywhere lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
unreal 54 all day and now dark has come it is 59 degrees go figure and it is almost january

Ask a Question