Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
IMG_20160524_195400100.jpg
IMG_20160524_195013328.jpg
IMG_20160524_194559829.jpg
Some of my fish theres many species in a 48 gal tank these are just some. I have Cory cats albuno cats pepper cats a rainbow shark two angels two jack dempsies which are chichlid another one the one with yellow spine two clowns some barbs it's a lot of fish but it's well filtered and gets weekly changeout. There no goldfish because they'd get tore up in there. This is a semi aggressive tank, my chichlid are mean
IMG_20160524_195400100.jpg
IMG_20160524_195013328.jpg
IMG_20160524_194559829.jpg

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a disaster just waiting to happen . How long have you had it set up?

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Been keeping tanks for decades. I've never seen JD live with anything for long but yours is still young. Keep an eye out for when. He starts going after the angels fins,the shark will eventually find that enjoyable as well. Sad that you would put a peaceful fish like a moor in with cichlids, with so much info available to advise against it that borders on cruelty. Sorry to not pull punches but your tank is poorly stocked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Seriously I didn't know the moores fate would end up like that. We felt bad afterward, and if the dempsies start trying to eat the other fish they go bye bye simple as that. Theyre my wifes fish I don't really like them

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Smaug given what you said about my JDs I have decided to rehome them while they're Yong. I had no idea they were as dangerous as the were. They have been getting more irritable. If in a few days we can't rehome them we will retank them

I did read up on how mean they can be when adults. That scared me into action. As for the golden mbuna, she's older and doesn't show much aggression besides running other fish from her cave. We're keeping her for now. She's full grown in size I'm pretty sure. She is partial to the clown loaches maybe because they were all tanked the same time, they are constantly together, but yea the JDs have to go

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The JDs will be gone tomorrow, but the golden mbuna stays, she's not showing any aggression anyway. Her tail was snapped off by another when she was small, she has a beautiful tail now and we love the goofy things she does, like digging all the rocks from her cave and piling them in large piles

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good idea. You will need a long term plan for the clowns as well. They aren't especially nasty but they do get rather large at almost 12 inches. That takes many years though. Keep a close eye on the angels as they are anything but angels. Everytime I kept more then one I always ended up with just one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow we've had the clowns a while, almost two years, they are barely 4", sometimes the angels get pissy but not often. Our problem children were the Dempsey's.

Be pretty cool to see 12" clowns lol

Ask a Question