My fry and first bloom

Reaction score
The first pic is some of the fry. The second pic is one of my favorite fry, this one had orange spots and there is another looking just like it but it has yellow spots. The last fish pic is one of my new butterfly koi. The very last pic is my first bloom of the year.

Attachments

• 100_4903.JPG
    100_4903.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 100_4910.JPG
    100_4910.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_4918.JPG
    100_4918.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_4926.JPG
    100_4926.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 400

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nova, Good looking fry, the one in the first pic to the far right appears to possibly be a goldie,(orange and white) the rest all look like Koi fry. (Not sure what the dark one is to the bottom left that you can barely make out) That yellow one in the center you might get lucky and that one stay solid metallic yellow, if so that's going to be a nice fish! The top yellow one with the black is a Matsuba, May or may not stay yellow but the fishnet scales on the back are going to get more and more defined, What ever the base color turns out being the net pattern will be there.If it will stay yellow (Ki) it's far more rare than the orange variaty. another intresting one to watch grow for sure Second pic is a hairwake gin rin, But like you said,in your PM, the orange is very week and it will probably end up a platinum Gin Rin, still a nice fish, Your new little butterfly, be intresting to see what it turns out like, My guess, he won't look anything like he does now when he gets larger. I think it will do some drastic changing over time. and then you Hardy Pink, that's fine! Looks so soft and delicate sitting on the water, Very pretty!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice nova, great fry and pretty lily

Reaction score
The dark fry (one of 4 now) and the white one with orange tail are goldfish. The new butterfly I know will change. Two others we got are colored the same but are more orange than yellow. The all yellow will most likely stay yellow, I also have one yellow with some white, they two look just like their daddys. The Matsuba is one of five, two have yellow and the other three are white. They look just like their moms.

Like I said the hairwake gin rin are my favorites. Right now it is fun to have one with orange and one with yellow. I have a total of 10-12 koi fry and around 15 goldfish. A couple of the goldfish are showing spots like their shubunkin dads, mom to all the goldfish in this pond is a red comet, Clifford, for those that remember earlier posts.

Reaction score
I looked up Hariwake (not knowing all the different coloration of koi) and realized one of the two males is hariwake gin rin (lemon). So those two little one may grow up look just like their daddy. The other male is solid yellow with white fins.

Reaction score
Finally got some good pics of my fish. The two yellow koi are the males and the white with black spots and the grey ones are female. The grey one with dark head is named Tank, because she looks like one. I like some of the fry look just like the moms and some just like the dads. You can see all my goldfish too.

Attachments

• 100_4934.JPG
    100_4934.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 100_4946.JPG
    100_4946.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_4941.JPG
    100_4941.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_4944.JPG
    100_4944.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 315

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you got some nice looking fish there and by next year when you have fry again your going to end up with an interesting mix of colors .Hope you have friends who want fish LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Your going to end up with some interesting looking fish for sure .You may end up with some great looking ones too .I always love seeing what comes out of the fry I have ,but this past year with the pond no fry for me .Kind of a blessing though

Reaction score
I have about 10-12 koi fry. Maybe 5 of those will find new homes next spring if not this fall. The goldfish, yeah, too many of those. I will ask round school and see if anyone wants a goldfish. This year I had 5 breeding koi, next year I might have up to 9 but still expect only my original 5. Two years from now I will differently have 9 breeding koi.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice looking fish nova! and your water is sure clear

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Real pretty fish and love the colors. Are those calico ones shubbies or koi?

Reaction score
They are shubbies, all males. The only goldfish fry that may end up looking a little shubunkin is the little red one with spots in the pics. I don't have any fry that look like them. The other adult goldfish are in the 1st and 3rd pics.

Addy, since my water has gotten clear I have even been able to see one of the two placos I have, which will help this fall when I have to catch them and give them to a teacher that has huge aquariums at home.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are shubbies, all males. The only goldfish fry that may end up looking a little shubunkin is the little red one with spots in the pics. I don't have any fry that look like them. The other adult goldfish are in the 1st and 3rd pics.

Addy, since my water has gotten clear I have even been able to see one of the two placos I have, which will help this fall when I have to catch them and give them to a teacher that has huge aquariums at home.

Well you and your kids did a great job on clearing up and cleaning up that pond! fantastic

Ask a Question