My funky corner

Reaction score
Hello all!
This is not my first pond and I have never run across this situation. Our neighbor trucked over quite a bit of rock when they built their home. When we used it to put our water garden in we were quite pleased. On two side of our pond we had to build a rock wall to get what we needed for the overall design. It has been finished for about four months while we have been debating how to finish it. The picture is of the joint where two walls meet. Obviously they are two very different heights. The taller rock is rather large (it was set with a dozer). The wall to the left goes along the edge of our patio and is the perfect height to sit on and observe the fish. Naturally we don't want to make this side very much higher at all. We want to make the transition as "non-clumpy" as we can and have hit an impasse. Any ideas would be helpful.
-Dot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
need pics to see what you are talking about .But have to say lucky you free rocks .

Reaction score
Okay I took some wider shots. I do hope this helps. They show the length of both walls. There are a LOT of rock in my area. The best option is to talk to construction crews when they are preparing a foundation. Our area is semi rural but is getting new houses almost constantly due to our proximity to Louisville. That also means very hard water and high water pH. That is another post though. Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go down to more reply options in right corner to upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums! Let me know if you are still having problems sharing photos :)

Reaction score
Hello all,
I figured the attachment process out (I think). Plz let me know if I have not.

The first pic is the right-hand wall and is perpendicular to the wall in the second photo.
The third shows just the corner and the height difference between the two walls.

We've kicked around several solutions. I'm a very "out of the box" person so I am just throwing out some "feelers" for other ideas. Thanks a bundle!
-Dot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 265

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gotta love those rocks and they are really rocks too .I call my little piddly ones rocks but those are ROCKS :cheerful:

Reaction score
maybe it's me but i'm confused from photos... could you post more but from an elevated level...hard to tell what you are describing without seeing from how you're looking at it..at least for me it's difficult to follow

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
are you talking about where the blue tank is.The walls don't have to be level but they do have to keep water from flowing in along with chemicals from the lawn .

Ask a Question