My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here are couple pics I took today. The little fish are the babies from last year. Their parents were sarasa comets and offspring look like common goldfish. This is the first year our iris's really bloomed. Also the floating plants haven't taken over the pond yet, but if they keep growing at the same rate I'll be taking some out by the end of the month.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 4,971
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 5,039
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Very clear water! My brand new pond will likely need a UV light, but going to try oyster shells under the waterfall first, and see if that will help clear up the green water. Hoping to add goldies next weekend, but only if I'll be able to see them when I put them in!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention my frog is somewhere there too, but he doesn't like posing for pictures the way the fish do!
Country Escape your green water will clear up when the beneficial bacteria takes hold. Someone last week posted a three page essay on green water on one of the threads. It was excellent and worth finding and reading.
Jupiter, Most of the shubunkins were 1.99 petsmart specials when I first got them!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
At least your fish aren't camera shy like mine sometimes are lol but then again I only have two goldfish (saved from the bait shop nearby) and thinking of adding a few more (and or saving a few more of their friends). Sweet pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh I had two frogs about a month ago but thinking my youngest son chased them off (they sang very loud right by his bedroom window lmao).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Rebelangel_3733, My frog is starting to get too big to hide. My wife could care less about the fish, but she checks on the frog every day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Looks super! I have several frogs and now have a new guy, trying to get a close up, he is always on the other side of the pond. Have some tadpoles that I saved last fall from the upper pond which we were disconnecting this year. I saw them from the egg stage, now I want to see the frogs. They had legs last week when I spotted them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have back sliding screen door open, listening to my "peeper" frog, toads, and another frog that makes a sound every now and then, or maybe one of the others doing a different sound. Either way, what a wonderful sound right off my back deck! Very nice pond you have! LOVE IT!

Ask a Question