Country
United States
Very nice fish there! Your new one is pretty

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Really looks good! I thought I read somewhere you didn't feed at all. May have you mistaken with another member. The pond looks great and those are some very pretty comets!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. Fishin, I just don't feed until it's cycled. So I started feeding in late May. Now I feed them twice a day and sometime a little snack now and then. I'm lucky they are a friendly and healthy bunch. I have rarely had any problems. There are two babies from last year in the pond. One is orange with a white nose and the other was all orange and recently turned all white after I treated it in a salt bath for a minor infection. I can't figure out if the two events were related, but it's kind of cool having an all white goldfish.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh ok, I see. I thought I read you didn't feed your fish. yea the all white ones are cool, we have a all white that the only red is it's lips. has one red eye and one regular colored eye. Our solid black comet is changing again, It's now chocolate brown with orange freckles all under the brown, It's by far the biggest goldfish i have ever had and is now just over 14" and we got it it was about 4" just two years ago. I think he thinks he's a koi! he used to be one of the most eager eaters, now he's one of the last to show up at feeding time since it got hot, but he's still a pig!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my main mama fish is all white with just a spot of red. Now have a bunch of really pretty fry that are white with various levels of red. The shubies must have been busy too, a bunch of dark ones with deep reds. Need to do another under water video they have grown nicely.

Reaction score
Looks really good! We have red clay dirt here in oklahoma and it usually clears up pretty fast. Had a rain storm while we are in a drought and red dirt flooded my pond and it was a nightmare but the quilt batting helps alot. Had to put a net over the pond for the gbh was back trying to eat my fish so now we that we have a net the frogs are gone.):

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow fishin that 14" fish is still trying to turn oj? Then I guess my black comet that is 8" will prolly turn eventually too. I didn't realize they could take that long to turn.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
He's been changing since I got him,he was solid black and now there is no black left, what is dark is now not black but milk chocolate brown.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just figured out my new fish is a female. Even though she is a lot bigger than most the others, 5 or 6 smaller ones were chasing her around this morning and trying to hold her against the rocks.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep female and making lil fishes for you! My biggest is a white goldfish with a little gold, she is the mommy of a lot of the fry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
ok, I got a few closer pics of the new fish. She is getting a little less shy now!

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 590
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 506
Reaction score
Everything in your pond looks so healthy. Besides the fish I like the dark green plants. You have done a great job.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks! We have raccoons that make a mess with the plants almost every night lately. The fish are pretty easy to care for and are very healthy. All of them made it through the last winter without any problems. You can see one of the babies from last year in the first picture. He went from black to orange and now to white!

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 430

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Some of my real dark fry and turning into really pretty shubunkins, just dark ones with reds and golds. Fun to watch and see what they do.

Ask a Question