Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Do you know a decen souce in be
Do you know a decen souce in bet

A step up sounds good, any suggestions?

http://www.mokoi.com/home.htm This is where I got Cha Cha the Chagoi from. It was recommended to me, along with Kodoma . I've also heard good things about Purdin.

Personally if I was going to splurge on a purchase,I'd buy from a reputable dealer( like Kevin Pham or Russell Peters) letting them know my budget....which obviously would mean a smaller koi.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@CometKeith so? Did you buy that Yamato Nishiki?
Hi. No I didn't. The Koi I bought the other day doesn't look happy with the cold weather and I definitely didn't want to take a chance on another fish in this cold weather. We are on our way to Cincinnati right now to visit our youngest daughter who lives there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hi. No I didn't. The Koi I bought the other day doesn't look happy with the cold weather and I definitely didn't want to take a chance on another fish in this cold weather. We are on our way to Cincinnati right now to visit our youngest daughter who lives there.
We're to get rain and dropping temps this week end :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lol how did that post get so screwed up? Oh I know that's what happens when I should be working instead of posting:D

Thanks @Tula , I'm taking note of your suggestion!:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hope your fish will be ok!
Enjoy your visit with your daughter, and don't worry, that YN was an ugly fish anyway...they're all ugly you shouldn't buy no more....ever!:D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I've already been outbid on one. Hopefully I'll be outbid on the other one as well.

nooooooo-59f7f1.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hope your fish will be ok!
Enjoy your visit with your daughter, and don't worry, that YN was an ugly fish anyway...they're all ugly you shouldn't buy no more....ever!:D:D
Thanks Gemma. It was a great trip. For some reason she kept taking us to Japanese restaurants. At one of them I told her and my wife I'm interested in going to Japan to visit a Koi farm. They both thought it was a fun idea. My daughter is an engineer and she is actually hoping to get transferred there for 3-6 months. Then we had a debate what would more fun to go to China or Japan. Either way my wife didn't seem to mind which was cool. This was taken from a bar from one of them.
Audio. You need to stop buying Koi until you go to Japan! Just thinking out loud ...Maybe a GPF trip to Japan?
IMG_20171027_184759394.jpg
d

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks Gemma. It was a great trip. For some reason she kept taking us to Japanese restaurants. At one of them I told her and my wife I'm interested in going to Japan to visit a Koi farm. They both thought it was a fun idea. My daughter is an engineer and she is actually hoping to get transferred there for 3-6 months. Then we had a debate what would more fun to go to China or Japan. Either way my wife didn't seem to mind which was cool. This was taken from a bar from one of them.
Audio. You need to stop buying Koi until you go to Japan! Just thinking out loud ...Maybe a GPF trip to Japan?
View attachment 105911 d

This would be incredible! I am doing the landscaping around my pond based on a Japanese tea garden. I am making my own concrete pagoda this winter. I am still looking for a cool Buddha statue and some neat Japanese lanterns. The little patio area is going to be a ying yang symbol made with black and white stone. I have the vision in my head but it's going to take time. lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This would be incredible! I am doing the landscaping around my pond based on a Japanese tea garden. I am making my own concrete pagoda this winter. I am still looking for a cool Buddha statue and some neat Japanese lanterns. The little patio area is going to be a ying yang symbol made with black and white stone. I have the vision in my head but it's going to take time. lol
Angela. That sounds really cool. Definitely post some pictures of it when you can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sounds great so I hope you'll share pics with us!
...and while you're looking for your Buddha statue if you come across a nice sleeping dragon or gargoyle let me know....I used to have one but I forgot it outside and the winter cracked it beyond repair

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we have concrete world about 2 hours from my house and they are cheap and have everything .They now have a websight

Ask a Question