my koi has a string of bumps on his tail

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a butterfly koi and have him in a 22 gallon tank. He had been sick with a virus awhile ago due to his water had an imbalance of ammonia. He was doing much better but now for some reason has these white pimple like spots on his tail. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I would love some suggestions. I have a photo of the bumps.

Attachments

• fish tail bumps.pdf
    737.4 KB · Views: 242
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Koi pox? The picture won't open for me - it wants to download - but that's what it sounds like. White, waxy looking bumps?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Koi pox? The picture won't open for me - it wants to download - but that's what it sounds like. White, waxy looking bumps?

I viewed the photo and I agree with @Lisak1, it does appear to be Fish Pox/Cyhv1 which is a virus and, as a result, has no known cure. Once the temperature of the water rises sufficiently the bumps should reduce in size and disappear. They may or may not return again next winter. Stress caused by any source will trigger these symptoms.

Ask a Question