My koi spends 24/7 under the waterfall, is he sick?

Reaction score
He has been in our pond about a year, and for about 2-3 weeks he goes into a position under the waterfall day and night 90% of the time. When he does come out he doesn't seem to eat. He appears to have a faster breathing rate then our other koi, trying to understand his tendency. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
That's what we were thinking. The behavior started when it was 70s-low 80s, and have been in this pond during hotter weather. This koi is medium sized and the large ones seem fine. The pond is 35x45, 4 ft at the deepest, shaded some by trees and lilly pads. We have 8 large koi and about 40 small goldfish.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

They like for you to post an introduction in the introduction thread. Tell us your location, size of pond, depth, experience, all the good stuff. We also like to see some pics. The more information we have the better we will be able to help you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Blinkiewelcome.gif
Purple-fields

If you start a thread in introduction you will get lots of nice welcomes :boldblue:

Ask a Question