My Koi Tail

Reaction score
Hi

I HAVE NOTICED OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS THAT ONE OF MY KOI'S TAIL IS BLEEDING ITS VEINS ARE RED AND WERE THE TAIL MEETS THE BODY IS THE SAME ANY HELP AND IDES?

THANKS

DARREN

Reaction score
No turtles in it and only 2 other fish one large goldfish and one small one will post pics soon as i get them

is sandstone rocks bad for fish?

Daz

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have sandstone around mine and a few pieces in the water. I would check the PH and see if it has changed because of it. Some rock has a high alkalyne content.

Reaction score
AS Promised along with a pic of the rocks

DSCF1014-1.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

darren

Reaction score
A number of bacteria are associated with fin rot, lesions and internal hemorrhaging, notably Aeromonas and Pseudomonas. Ulcers usually start at the site of an injury, the bacteria then infect it causing further damage, and fungal infection can also occur. Is the fish exhibiting other signs of distress? Fin clamping, lethargy? How are the other fish?

You could add pure rock salt, in increments, to the water slowly raising the salinity up to .30. Get a test get or a digital meter, if possible. Salt works well to fight infections and parasites and is cost effective compared to other products on the market. It is also your safest bet as you have not been able to diagnose the problem yet.

Ask a Question