I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
60 ish here today also and just started raining again :confused:
At least I got one winter dead plant dug up and one new hardier plant replaced in it's spot :rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww jw, come and visit...............this heat is horrible, I am house bound.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm housebound now too cuz of the darn rain and I don't like high temps or humidity :confused:
Would like maybe 75* w/ sunshine and only rain at night :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lets create our own perfect place to live and move there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you figure out where that is let me know..............we think about moving at times but our kids are here and so we don't know what we will end up doing but this weather here is really depressing especially when we are now retired :confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm coming too just to keep the 2 of you in line .Need to keep count of all the treasures we find

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aw that would be fun if we all live in the same neighborhood. Anybody else want to join us............we could start a commune of ponderers :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maybe my wife and I will join the pond commune too. We are thinking of moving once our youngest goes away to college and will probably follow her. Sissy, Virgina Tech is on her list so maybe we will end up by you. Where ever we go it needs to be warmer than Chicago. San Luis Obispo is on the list too.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lots of retirees are coming here and I just helped 3 of them to find homes here and got the prices down to what they wanted to pay .I am not a real estate agent just had meant them on city forum .I have learned a lot about VA since living here you need to look at services here ,like high speed internet is not available in all areas and you do not want an area with a co- op electric company and there are still quite a few here .The last couple I picked out 5 houses for them to look at and they actually picked the house I knew they would pick .It was listed for 90 thousand with 5 acres of land and they thought that was a great price coming from Boston ,but not for me ,it was in foreclosure so had them offer 60 thousand and that was low ,but go low you can always go up . They got it for 72 thousand .They were amazed but the area denotes the price .They got a 3000 sq.ft. house ,granite ,finished basement,pool, horse stable,4 baths and a 3 car garage ,Lots more than they expected and I was even shocked the bank settled on that price ,I thought they would get it for around 80 thousand .Taxes 549 a year ,less than mine and more land ,oh well

Reaction score
Lol, love the banter, made a nice laugh for me this evening. Well I have gotten two more lilies, and put a fert tab in each one since they are still in bulb stage, I know it could cause problems with my pond being in such early stages right now, but I can't afford for them to have issues growing up. So hopefully everything will go well. I do plan on waiting for our return from Arkansas. I agree with you guys that it could help my pond through its cycle, but I am afraid of having a dead fish in the pond for a long time without knowing it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When they start growing give them a tab every 3 weeks or so, they are hungry little suckers. Adavisus stated that tomato spikes worked, wrapped in plastic wrap with a little tear. His lilies are beautiful.

Ask a Question