My new babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally out of quarantine I was able to take them home last night.
I thought at 10+" they were gonna look bigger in my pond, but no, they look so tiny compare to my other fish:ROFLMAO:
newfish3.jpg

newfish1.jpg

newfish2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Beautiful.....love the butterfly !! Where were they quarantined, as you said you were able to bring them home? Honestly, I'd probably break down and buy a small koi, but don't want to have to set up a QT, especially for one fish !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you guys!...I needed yellow can you tell?
I usually get my koi from https://nextdaykoi.com/ cause due to lack of selection/unhealthy fish I had lost faith in the stores around here, but last year when my pump dyed hubby found this small pond supply shop about 20mins from our house and we were impressed by the customer service, loved the prices and how well the fish are selected and cared for...so I decided to give it a try and bought these 3 guys there..
@Tula, the guy will show you the fish, but won't sell until he's had them for some time and they have completed the third round of whatever treatment he gives new fish
There are a few Koi I probably will have to search for online, but I might buy more from this place

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty fish and looks like they will show up very nicely in your pond w/those lovely yellow colors!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pretty fish and looks like they will show up very nicely in your pond w/those lovely yellow colors!
One of them is, the other two are not exactly the yellow I was hoping to find but I think they might brighten up as they grow
The butterfly's color is hard to define, it's neither yellow nor orange...kind of a peachy/ champagne color

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Hoe neat to discover a local pond shop that cares for it's fish well. We have a fish hatchery near by and I think they take good care of theirs too. 3 of my 4 are from there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Those are stunning. They must look like bars of gold now they’re settled in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hoe neat to discover a local pond shop that cares for it's fish well. We have a fish hatchery near by and I think they take good care of theirs too. 3 of my 4 are from there.
A hatchery near by would be great! ...I still find it easier to select fish at Next day koi, than any other places, I mean you get to see pics of all sides of the fish before choosing one, where at the store the fish moves around a lot or you only have the top view etc.
Congratulations on your new pond babies! They are gorgeous!
Thank you! :)
Those are stunning. They must look like bars of gold now they’re settled in.
That's exactly it! Lol I was trying to think of the color that best describe these fish, how did I not realize they look golden...:ROFLMAO:
Thank you @Sparky for this revelation :D

Ask a Question