Reaction score
bgsvdvdb.png

Let's here them opnions

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Really pretty fish, But IMO for true stand out quality the showa is a better fish. Again, I like the eyes, but on this fish that's about the limit of what I like about it. I'm not familiar with that breeder so what his finished fish turn out like may be quite different than it is now. I would have liked to seen some sumi stripes in the pecs, too much beni overall, the sumi on the face is nice, on the back is it coming in or fading out? I still am trying to learn how to detect when the colors are changing whats going on. This fish also appears to be male.and for a male has really good body confirmation and the tail stop looks strong which is a good sign of future growth. HMMM, Maybe I could learn to judge in 20 more years?????

Reaction score
I agree and yea it's a male I had to buy a second fish and he was perfect because of the ending time so could ship two in one box but yea the Showa is much higher quality fish with a much higher price tag. Ill post his write up

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I was the same way, I kept saying I wanted at least a couple of True Japanese bloodline Koi. I wanted at least a couple for Scott Purdin as well. Scott doesn't breed Doitsu at all so I figured i would get some fish that developed late and smaller from Kodama since they were being shipped in. My largest fish was 14" the Beni Kumonryu, the Kikusui was only 9" but for the quality and price from kodama it was a no brianer at the time it was the highest quality fish I was purchasing.

Ask a Question