My off topic rant for the day :)

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-no-kids-allowed-movement-is-spreading-2516110/

I dont know if any of you have heard about this in the past few weeks, restaurants banning kids, grocery stores, lots of places are suddenly trying this.

My take on this: I hate MOST people's kids!!! I can't stand going to a store or restaurant and listening to kids scream or ask the same question over and over and over. BUT, I work 3 jobs right now, I don't have a lot of spare time, and if I walked into a store, or a movie theater with my 5 year old son, and was told we had to leave because it was "adult time" you'd have to remove me by force!! Because I guarantee that my son can walk through an entire store without running, screaming, or making a peep. SO many times we've been standing in the checkout behind a parent with thier kicking screaming children and they say "why can't you behave like that little boy" To which I reply "why don't tell you child NO, like this parent?" (Yeah, I'm an a**hole, but I've been listeniing to your kids scream for the past 5 minutes, and you have yet to back hand him, and I really want to do it for you)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my kid is furry with four legs, so guess I am safe from these new rules.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I really want to compliment you on your child rearing abilities...you must be doing something right! My "kids" are in their mid thirties now, and both were brought up knowing how to act in public.At my age, the last thing I need is to sit in a restaurant for an hour listening to someone's little demon wailing like a banshee! You're politically incorrect, but RIGHT ON!!! John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just glad my kids are grown but they were very good in stores etc. usually and if they weren't they suffered the consequences. Amazing how they can learn from their mistakes. Lot's of parents nowadays say "Oh they are just being kids" and let them scream and carry on. If that happens in a restaurant I will just leave or let the manager know this is not acceptable and could you please handle the situation or we will gladly take a refund and exit stage right :wave:

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I also have a 5 month old daughter, so right now, we don't go out to eat, because I can't stand crying kids, and I would obviously never be the one to bring my kid into a place like that knowing that at some point she will start crying.

We've been out to eat once in the past 5 months, and it was later in the night, at a restaurant that I used to work at. (So they kept asking us to bring her in so they could see her) But we made sure when we did go, it was later in the evening, after the place had cleared out.

When we grocery shop, yeah, she might start crying, and I feel bad about that, but theres also a huge difference between a newborn baby crying, and a 4 year old crying because you wont buy him a toy. I have a problem with brats, not babies.

I really want to compliment you on your child rearing abilities...you must be doing something right! My "kids" are in their mid thirties now, and both were brought up knowing how to act in public.At my age, the last thing I need is to sit in a restaurant for an hour listening to someone's little demon wailing like a banshee! You're politically incorrect, but RIGHT ON!!! John

And yes... I'm very politcally incorrect, but I've never gone to dollar general trying to make a new friend either, lol. "Kids these days" should never be the phrase, its always "Parents these days"

Oh, and if your wondering if it still open my big mouth when that parent happens to be twice my size and mean as hell.... yeah I do, and yes, I got punched in the face while helping my son into the car in the parking lot. Like I said "Parents these days" right in front of both of our kids.

Reaction score
well my take on that is in some cases yes you have lazy parents that have adopted lazy parenting techniqes and the children are a bit out of control, this however is not the childs fault, some children can be over active and some children have mental disorders and also therefore cannot help it, my 2 year old son can walk through a store and be as good as gold and sometimes he can be a bit fussy and twine a bit, it depends on what mood he is in and other factors such as how hot a day it is and how much sleep he had the night before etc ! i dont get annoyed by it he is 2 years old and cannot express himself fully yet and i dont care what other people think about my son if he is in one of his moods ! tough sh*t he is a infant ! so are you trying to say your child has never been in a fussy mood or screamed for something !!! yeah right , all children do at sometime , and you shouldnt bring a child up too strictly either they need to express them selves and let things out at times if they dont in childhood then it will come out when older, reminds me of the land of tom toddies all heads and no bodies!! anyways and on the point of giving the child a back hander you should be discusted with yourself, i do NOT condone hitting children and i have strong beliefs on what should be done to people who do hit children, if i were in a store and some guy hit his child excessively i would repotr him to the police and if my son was in a mood and some guy like you was complaining and if he even considered giving my son a backhander i would have his jaw snapped before he could think about what he was about to do !

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's just up to the parents to either control the child or remove him from the situation where it becomes totally disruptive to others. No need to beat on the child although there is a good book out there that does say "Spare the rod, spoil the child"............not saying you should take a metal rod and whack him but a spank on the fat little rump may bring him to attention. Didn't hurt me growing up but then the Gov't owns our children nowadays.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
You must not have read my second post... like I said, I have issues with brats, not infants. a baby crying is alot different than a 4 year old crying because you wont buy him a toy, " I want a toy, I want a toy, can I get some candy Moooooooooooom"

Also, if you read my first post carefully, I put the "yeah im an ahole, and I wanna smack your kid upside the head" in parenthesis, I never said that to anyone. If they start a converstion bringing up my kid being good, I respond, I dont just walk around telling random people to shut thier kid up.

I guess I should not have posted this article in here... Weird considering I agreed AND disagreed with the article and still managed to anger someone into saying they would break my jaw after they subjected me to 5 minutes of thier kids screaming....

Reaction score
your 2nd post came whilst i was typing, i didnt see it until after i posted, and it did come across that you seemed quite outspoken towards parents with what you may consider as offensive children, but even at the age of 5 you have to consider some children do have disorders and cannot really help their behaviour, as for breaking someones jaw if you read properly was meant if somebody actually went to backhand my child as ime sure any parent would defend their children,

Reaction score
It's just up to the parents to either control the child or remove him from the situation where it becomes totally disruptive to others. No need to beat on the child although there is a good book out there that does say "Spare the rod, spoil the child"............not saying you should take a metal rod and whack him but a spank on the fat little rump may bring him to attention. Didn't hurt me growing up but then the Gov't owns our children nowadays.
yes i agree with what you say there we give ethan a smack on the bum or on his hand if he needs it to bring him into line but there is a big differance between a smack and a "back hander"

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
What is a "smack" in the UK is a "backhander" in the US. Semantics!!! John

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Apparently!!!! We've a communication breakdown here!

When I say my dad backhanded me, it would be in the context that I was standing in front of my dad, and doing something stupid, and he would take the back of his hand (hence where i would say backhanded), and give his finger a little flick and hit me right in the back of the head with this big old rock.

us-army-ruby-ring.jpg

He didn't haul off and smack me! All he had to do was tap me on the head just let me know he was there and to stop whatever I was doing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I must agree w/ you of course on that one mogsie. Big difference in discipline and abuse. We are supposed to do our discipline in love for our child to shape them into good citizens not in anger so as to cause them to beat their own children and so on it goes from generation to generation. But it seems as tho nowadays at least here in this country anyways the gov't won't let you spank or slap the hand of a child for any reason at all. We must do so behind closed doors and not in public and the kids know that cuz they teach them that in school and hear it from others. Makes it hard to be a good parent and train your children but it still can be done if you are consistent .

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Anyway... so the point was do you guys agree with business owners saying kids cant come into places like a grocery store or a movie theater? Like i said in my first post, i have very little spare time, and if i did happen to stumble across one of the places and they said we couldn't come in because it was "adult day" they would have to remove me by force, I will control my child and we will do our shopping and in my mind, its nobody elses business.

Ask a Question