my pictures sick koi

Reaction score
Country
United States
DSCN0762.JPG
I have a 7 yr old koi with a bump on head. Seems to be getting worse but fish don't seemed concerned. I am worried for her and the others in my pond. She is about 25 inches and very dear to me. I have added salt up to scale for my pond. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Your in the wrong section Merlin you should be in fish and koi talk or if its a health issue then

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I added sick koi to the title for him
That will help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Opp's sorry got led astray by the neighbour and didnt complete my last post to you on time whilst editing it .
As I was saying I've taken a look at your koi on the photograph and I am pleased to say that apart from a tear in the skin and a sore head your koi is fine .
Its jumped for some reason possibly after a fly and come down hard on either the side of your pond or some rocks.
Should you wish to treat this koi just a dab of malachite green on an ear swab then spray the area with propolis.
You can get this at either the koi dealership you got your koi from. or ordering some of it online, or go to yur local health food store and buy both the spray form and the liquid form of propolis
The spray you use only on wounds as a disinfectant the liquid you soak your koi pellets in before feeding , it gives them that added boost

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
Opp's sorry got led astray by the neighbour and didnt complete my last post to you on time whilst editing it .
As I was saying I've taken a look at your koi on the photograph and I am pleased to say that apart from a tear in the skin and a sore head your koi is fine .
Its jumped for some reason possibly after a fly and come down hard on either the side of your pond or some rocks.
Should you wish to treat this koi just a dab of malachite green on an ear swab then spray the area with propolis.
You can get this at either the koi dealership you got your koi from. or ordering some of it online, or go to yur local health food store and buy both the spray form and the liquid form of propolis
The spray you use only on wounds as a disinfectant the liquid you soak your koi pellets in before feeding , it gives them that added boost

Dave
Thank you Dave for all you help with my koi and the forum. I am glad to know that it isn't a big concern and yes I will check out the book section. I would rather not capture to treat as the stress level in the pond would sky rocket. I never did that and I am sure I would be in there quite awhile. We do not have a vet in our area that would treat and all our pond dealers are just that, dealers. I was so afraid for her and the others I get so attached and just love watching them it never gets old. I would love to make my pond bigger. I do have malachite green and the last time I treated the whole pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Dave for all you help with my koi and the forum. I am glad to know that it isn't a big concern and yes I will check out the book section. I would rather not capture to treat as the stress level in the pond would sky rocket. I never did that and I am sure I would be in there quite awhile. We do not have a vet in our area that would treat and all our pond dealers are just that, dealers. I was so afraid for her and the others I get so attached and just love watching them it never gets old. I would love to make my pond bigger. I do have malachite green and the last time I treated the whole pond.
Merlin in the articles section you will find an article about the stress free netting of koi as well as how to anethatize koi etc please again feel free to use them as that is what they are there for my friend :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question