My pond 4-5 weeks later

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
After the first few weeks of dead fish and cloudy water, today after 4-5 weeks, my pond is crystal clear (still a bit brown) and I have no fish died for 2 weeks now.

My Hornworts are growing like crazy and flowering too. My Anubias, Java fern, and Cryptocoryne spiralis are not doing so well though, not sure becasue the salt added or not.

My fish are doing great, my friend didnt come get her fish so I still have about 12-14 goldfish, 3 shubunkins, 3 mollies, 6 guppies, and 4 tiny bottom feeders.

Thank you you guys so much, I learn a lot from here, y'all the best.

-A

photo (10).JPGphoto (11).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks! It is about 1.5 to 2 feet deep. About 600~ gallon.

I'm hoping to get more water plants but the hornwort are growing so fast I'm not sure I need more right now :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
arggg... I jinked myself by saying there was no dead fish for a couple of weeks. The day I posted this my favoirite goldfish died of no reason... just laied there at the bottom of the pond. No wound, no bent body, no scale missing... just a little biggish belly so I think he might be constipated, but too late now since he's already dead. The water is good.

My favoirite goldfish, which started out being pale color with black along his back, then turn golden and the black was fading - too bad he died :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had that happen to a fish and he had air in his swim bladder .He was scooped from the pond by my neighbors dog and think that is when it happened ,peas help plus rubbing there sides,He is back to normal now
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54070]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54068]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54071]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:54089]

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
oh.. I didnt do anything to him.. just put him in seperately from other fish, and the next morning I was sure he was dead then I put him in my garden bed. Next time I'll try rubbing the belly :) Thanks!

Ask a Question