My pond and stream project.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Last night, the frogs arrived in numbers! We counted at least a dozen. They were staying away from the bog filter overspill which is where there is most turbulence. Similarly , none chose to hop in to the mini pond where the water is swirling all the time. All according to plan then. Hopefully the main force will arrive over the next few days if the weather stays mild. We frequently counted over 50 in the old pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I have seen 2 barn owls here so they are out looking for food .I guess they are hungry like all the other critters here .We have had a lot of male cardinals around here lately

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
lovely building there and some great ideas also

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Thanks for your compliments @steeledeal @cas and @doobry . Here we are in April and the pond, stream, bogfilter plus associated landscaping are all finished (apart from a few tweaks ;) ) Just waiting for the plants for in and around to be ready. Will post a final set of pics when they arrive and I get them planted :) Very encouraged by the fact that the Juncus, ransoms, creeping jenny and bistort that I have already put in are all doing really well :)

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
It is looking great! The plants once started will grow gang busters.

Ask a Question