sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I want your fat fantails or as I call them butt wigglers .Gotta love the yard art which one do you drive :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I want your fat fantails or as I call them butt wigglers .Gotta love the yard art which one do you drive :LOL:

I actually only have 1 fan tail. The pictures dont show it. Most of what you are seeing are Ranchus. lionheads and a big oranda. I do have some single tails like sankes and opals. The black/red one is my only ryukin. I'll post more fish pictures in the future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hi Faebinder, Nice to see you over on this site. Since this site uses the USDA Plant Zone for temp, it makes it easier for me to understand over wintering fish. What type of winter care do you give your pond Oranda, Ryukin, Ranchu's ?

Thank you, Jim.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
They stay in the pond. It's currently 18 inches deep. I keep aerators and filter and waterfall going. I place a heater with a thermal control to turn on temperatures 35 and below and turn off 38 or above. If the pond was deeper I wouldn't need one (happening this June)

I change 10% of the water once a month after I stop feeding.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 281
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
They stay in the pond. It's currently 18 inches deep. I keep aerators and filter and waterfall going. I place a heater with a thermal control to turn on temperatures 35 and below and turn off 38 or above. If the pond was deeper I wouldn't need one (happening this June)

I change 10% of the water once a month after I stop feeding.
Thank you, I think I see some Pond Fancies in my future. Plus ponds are a hell of a lot easier to maintain than aquariums.

Jim.

Ask a Question