63.9 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_00140007.jpg
    DSC_00140007.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 395

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Re: And more!

just for future refference... you could have added this picture to your last thread by using the "post reply" button under the last post instead of quick reply. when you use the post reply button the attachment utilities appear underneath the text box....that said i still say "nice little pond you got there"

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: More of my pond

Please don't start a new thread each time you post. This could have been in the same thread as the last photos.

Reaction score
Re: More of my pond

DrDave said:
Please don't start a new thread each time you post. This could have been in the same thread as the last photos.

Thanks for moving the pics. I was in a learning mode. I have never posted pics to a forum before. I will try that next time.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. Koikeeper, the duck is a decoy duck for hunting. My Dad had this for hunting. He died two years ago on Fathers Day from colon cancer. I figured it would be a great daily reminder to have it in my pond. Now I need to get a male to go with it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if your camera shoots video..shoot that, post it on youtube, and link it here as you others like myself do. video is so much better than stills. if you dont have a youtube account it only takes a few minutes to join.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The duck brings back fond memories of my first home and pond experience.

When I built my first pond 41 years ago, I made the mistake of getting a Mallard Drake and intoducing it to my newly stocked pond of goldfish. Then I did something equally as dumb and got a Black Lab Retriever.

I soon discovered the duck ate fish and the dog chased the duck through the pond tearing holes in the plastic liner with its claws.

I had to keep one locked up all the time the other was outside.

I soon realized the duck would be better off at a golf course that had a huge pond. Someday I'll have to dig up that photo of me releasing "Alexander the Drake" into his new environment.

The Black Lab got scared and ran off when I dispatched a rattlesnake in the desert with a shotgun. I guess he never would have made a good hunting dog after all. He never once looked back as he headed out into the desert.

So the first pond for me was a major learning experience.

Maybe we should start a "Story Thread" and share some of our humor and learning.

Ask a Question