My pond fall 2011

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My pond has come along way since I started it last March and it seems I'm always fooling round with something out there. I have 4 goldfish who are growing like weeds (one 6" and the others 5") and finally received my fishing boy I ordered 4 weeks ago (was on backorder) but was worth the wait! With the heat and all the rain we've been having this summer, our grass took it in the shorts with a fungus...so hopefully next year (as we'll reseed this fall) it will look lush again. Thanks for all of the ideas!

Attachments

• P9112649.JPG
    P9112649.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 497
  • P9112656.JPG
    P9112656.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 614
  • P9112665.JPG
    P9112665.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 589
  • P9112671.JPG
    P9112671.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 449

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
takes time and it can only get better as you work on it and learn new things to try .I know for me it has been a long road of learning .Somethings I learned failed for me but worked for others .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful job, love all you did, the waterfall is fantastic!

hand_applause.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mr magoo the purple plant on the right side of my pond is a purple wandering jew, which is hiding my bio filter as it overgrew it's basket lol. And thanks everyone it was alot of your idea's that got my mind to be creative and in making my lil pond what it is!

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Love the waterfall! Was thinking of splitting my water line running my stream and adding a falls like that next spring to my upper pool. Now I just gotta find some free rocks for it. :) Are you using a weir at the top?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I made my own weir out of a 8" x 12" x 4" heavy grey plastic drawer actually. My waterfall has it's own pump something around 900 gph which runs to my bio filter then into my waterfalls and my little bubble one has something around a 500 gph pump. Lucky for me my neighbor down the end of the block was getting rid of alot of rocks he had for nothing, and I have a habit of bringing home rocks when we go on vacation/camping. I'm thinking next year of buying a weir which is lit from underneath and more even in the outflow since the water is compressed between two plastic plates. It seems that my water likes to "tilt" to the south as it runs out of my weir since the dirt under my drawer settled more to the right of it. Below is a picture of what I started with this spring as my weir. Thanks for all the comments!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I really like the way you made your falls w/ the flat rocks going down and down and into the pond. Mine drops straight down and wish I would have done it your way. It looks nice.

Ask a Question