My pond winter/early spring 2011

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Our inherited pond- have a lot of planting to do!

Attachments

• IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 446

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And it so much fun, like painting a canvas with nature. And if the plant does not work out easy to move!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least you inherited a nice one and a nice designed one too .I like the shape of it good luck

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
you have some really cool rocks on the hill too, not sure if they are in your property but you could make a cool creek coming down the hill into the pond. Looks good.

Addy1 I used a similar phrase with my wife when we were building our pond, our yard was a blank canvas and we can paint whatever picture we want, you are the artist and believe me I have moved more than my share of plants and rocks over the years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Thanks gang, tahermann, it is a "stream running from an upper pond which originally was fed by a waterfall down the front of a huge boulder. Due to water loss and increasingly impossible maintenance on both we will be doing away with all of the above and just focu on the main pond. Between the leaves from the forest of maples and oaks behind us and the hole boring critters moving the earth we realize it is a futile effort to keep it going. The pond on some days seems huge (like the days I bring home plants) to seeming so small...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is what i told my hubby when I started working on the pond. He wanted drawings, plans, so I gave him a few. Well the finished project is close butttttttt lol

I had an idea in my head and as you dig you follow the flow of the land to make it work out. The same with landscaping, as you plant a plan develops. It is so much fun!

Maybe some day you will put the stream back in action, but the leaves do make a mess!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You got a great start mouseams !! I like the rock out crops on the hill also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Best thing for that pond besides the pond itself is the backdrop of woods and rock out cropings you have a nice place there and I'm jealous.Makes a really pretty pic for sure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Thanks all! When we first moved in it was really in poor shape. The rock inside the pond on the right is actually a real rock which he put the liner over, so we had this huge black boulder sticking up out of the pond. I found this stuff called rock on a roll. It is like a textured wallpaper for ponds. You cut to the size you need and epoxy two pieces together if you need and voila! No more black rock. Now it has a nice patina on it and you cannot tell it is not real.
We are quite fortunate to have this, as I never would have gotten into this. I am finding pond gardening quite enjoyable and have been learning a lot, thanks to all you nice folks!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used the rock on a roll to help cover liner issues in my stream, with the extreme slope we have it was hard to dig in enough to get rocks to stack along the sides.

That stuff is great! I am just using little pieces here and there where liner is showing, the rest has rock on it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I didn't know what it was called my son brought me a piece from a friend of his and his friends whole pond liner is like that you think it's rock but just a pic .he told me that it started out as being something the company did for swimming pool liners and now do pond liners

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thank you addy and I'm thankfull that my friends will have a place to live and be happy

Ask a Question