my ponds first season

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no photos uploaded,so heres some videos...yard and basement ponds
llnk to youtube....
enjoy, and leave comments, criticisms...etc im rebuilding now so ideas would be nice

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
while there, to the right of screen..click on "more from nightstalkerrc" to view more or all my videos, 3 backyard pond videos, 5 basement pond videos....was trying to get at least one good one......oh well!!! please let me know what you think..

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Do you happen to recall the water temperature when you shot the video. These guys looked hungry, healthy and begging.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
early to mid july,i think when i took the video, temp i dont know, but not overly warm.
but yes they were and still are happy and healthy.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
oh yeah, some were, but there is a video i shot yesterday,in the basement pond ,the basement is 70* the water is 65* no insulation under liner, but the temp is consistant 2 months later.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the link takes you to the outside pond, you must of watched some of the others,and you didnt say that..but i shot some video yesterday "2 months in basement pond" acouple of threads away.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
no photos uploaded,so heres some videos...yard and basement ponds
llnk to youtube....
enjoy, and leave comments, criticisms...etc im rebuilding now so ideas would be nice

VERY nice koiguy..very nice...mvh/Björn

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
yeah right... just a couple of shovel fulls and it'll be as big as yours.LOL
haha...keep digging...no... i realy liked it..do you have something on top of your basementpond..so that the fish dont jump over ...i lost a big one many years ago.. so after that i have a net over the basementpond..mvh/Björn

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
funny you should ask,no not funny just coincidental, just had one on the floor of the basement thursday. it was barely alive,one of my platinums. i nursed it and god saw fit to give him a full recovery. hes alive and active, but has a little floor grit, that worked its way under some scales he has a small semicircular line of raised scales,but its getting smaller as the debris are dislodged. anyway it was my fault, i did a partial water change and forgot about the water running,and came close to overflowing,thought i would leave it for a few days....you know the rest.

Reaction score
Of course... that was your fish that take the jump..I allready read that on the koi talk side. So are you gonna put a net over it ? My koi can jump very high...anyway..glad that your fish is feeling better../Björn

Ask a Question