addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are doing fine, some hit the quote button to add the response you are answering. like this
Hi Sissy.........that not a current photo so the gator who is made of metal hasn't been in that position in about two years and the stone is flagstone and I did that about five years ago so that can't be it either. That batting is getting really dirty and we keep cleaning it so I'm really hoping that this does the trick, but it's still pretty darn green. Maybe I should continue using the Water Garden Cleaner? Am I answering these in the correct way? Should my responses end up right below or question or no?

Reaction score
Oh my gosh....Colleen...you are funny but don't get me all nervous!! I don't know why this is underlining what I'm saying..the underline icon isn't pressed. I KNOW we have snakes, lots and lots of turtles and fish out there. With the water this color I really have to suck it up to put my hand down in there! The water looks pretty clear to me and we did take a sample in and they said it was perfect. If you look at that photo with the gator..that has the bog when it was chock full of plants and with that we got the muddy water..weird! I'm glad you like the backyard..we've put a lot of work into.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't see any work to do lol, your yard is beautiful

Reaction score
Hmmph...had the photo...try it again here. Come to think of it I think I forgot to hit "attach".

Attachments

• photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 200
Reaction score
Ha! Thank you addy....but you should have seen me out that yesterday pulling weeds from inbetween the flagstones and this morning on the pool side pulling weeds and trimming bushes. That photo you were looking at doesn't show the growth of some of our plants.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I pull tons of weeds, seems they come in cycles. not there we leave for a week and bam they are everywhere.
The hill flower gardens have enough mulch and the flowers are established enough to keep the weeds down. The area near the pond has less to no mulch, that is where the weeds love to grow.

Reaction score
The weeds grow in that rock garden on the pool side and drives me crazy! I told my husband that the solution is to section by section rake the rocks over, put down lots of newspaper *which I've been saving for this project" move the rock back over and after the entire thing is done..add more rock b/c part of the problem is that there's not enough of it there. Needless to save my husband is less than enthusiastic about this idea and that side does not lend itself to easy access to wheelbarrow loads of rock in that area.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing yep, I used to use roundup until I learned here, that it kills the frogs, so now just hand yank. Not too bad if it has rained. Some weeds I leave because they look nice, pretty flowers, ground covers. Others have to go lol

Reaction score
Question...did someone here suggest a UV light as a way to clear the green? I mentioned to the hubs and he said he thought we were told if you have a bog filter you don't use the UV......is that accurate? We used to have one and I guess based on my husband's response, not since the bog was built.

Reaction score
Saw several people talking about looking to YouTube for solutions and I typed in "green water in fish pond"....what do you think of this?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Garden lady, it's all good, image and link complete, not to worry though, if pond is clearing up nice don't waste money on UV light that you most likely don't need now, I would not use one anyway. Here's a picture of my water, looks the same so it's all good! UV lights are expensive, and the bulbs don't last long, and I don't like them for many reasons, but many people do like them, just not me!

Attachments

• IMAG4075.jpg
    IMAG4075.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG4074.jpg
    IMAG4074.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 191

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never had one but those kinds of filters work great and so easy to build .I have two of them I built .Never understood a uv and do know if the water goes through them to fast it is ineffective .

Reaction score
Did you see the photo of the glass of water I put up? Mine looks clear as well and my pond is green....yours is clear and your pond is crystal and I can see your beautiful fish! Jealous :goldfish:

Reaction score
DUH..you were comparing yours to mind in the post! But still.....going to try doing the patience thing but I've never been very good at it!

Ask a Question