My second pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Hi all,

New to the forums.

This is my second pond. It has 3 waterfalls, a long creek and a 5x4x4 pond with shelves. I already have lilies and other plants growing both rooted and potted. There is some small goldfish and mosquito fish all thriving.

The pond is about 3 weeks old and looks to be starting to do its algae bloom and the water is brown and cannot see the bottom any longer.

-Blu

Attachments

• IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 296

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and that happens every spring so get used to it;) .You can use liquid barley .It will help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
My small goldfish keep getting sucked into the skimmer...I guess they are not to bright.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
number one reason I don't like skimmers or bottom drains .If you don't really need the skimmer then don't put one in .I just net my pond .They say in most cases oh you need one ,just to sell them .Just like chemicals for your pond .There is no magic, just time and patience

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the Forum!:)
I love your pond!
Are you going to cover it to protect the fish from predators, or don't you have this issue where you're located?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Welcome to the Forum!:)
I love your pond!
Are you going to cover it to protect the fish from predators, or don't you have this issue where you're located?

So far no issues, the pond is deep enough as well. There is one Egret in the neighborhood, but it just eats lizards.

Ask a Question