My second RainMachine installed

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
As a techie I am the Go To person for all computer related issues in the fam so I am always on the lookout to keeping the calls at a minimum. First it was teamview installed on all of the computers of those who pester me so I can remotely access.

Now for sprinklers I've found RainMachine. Works great and you can program and control all from your phone. You do need wifi though. I first bought one for my mother since she was constantly asking me how to work her system and I've bought one for our house. I know we are all about our fish friends here but our plants and grass need love too! :)

What I can't wait for is a reliable sensor system you put in the ground that can sense the water level and automatically turn your water on for you!

But until then there's rainmachine. Best part is it doesn't use cloud access so it can run independently from the company if they go belly up. Not something everyone offers :)

Great video on it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice, need to look at that I use a sprinkler system to add water to our pond during the summer.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't water anything in the summer, except the deck pots and the pond. Anything that dies because it is dry are gone. Been doing this for years, the plants here are pretty tough, they survive me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use something similar its a B-Hyve also uses wifi and the phone but lacks the pretty lcd display. Which i dont mind because i do everything through the phone and the main unit is in the basement.
I also have one of the lines dedicated to fill the pond that would be zone 6.
Screenshot_20180501-173459.png

Ask a Question