addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are swimming among the hornwort in the 5 foot deep area.

Just a side note, the pond has not been touched this summer, no cleaning, no bottom netting, no lily grooming.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Perfect pond and fish! Do you have a glass side, or underwater camera?
We found a gopro on the beach in florida last year. Finally used it to film the fish. I do have them on a underwater camera, dvr system, but it does not give the best of pictures. We watch them on a tv screen in the living room, fun to watch them swim around. A good way to check on them over winter too. That system is around 4 years old.

The newer dvr system won't support the underwater cameras and I have not found new ones that will work with it.

Reaction score
You have happy gorgeous fish!!! I don't think the fish mind one bit about a little stuff in their house!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just need to make sure I do a good cleaning of excess matter before it freezes over. Every time I think of grooming the lilies they send up more buds and are blooming so pretty still, so they are spared!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have seen a bunch that will probably end up being nicely finned. I like have a combination of long and short fins, makes a nice mix. There are a few real blue looking ones. It is fun to watch the fry grow up. I don't pick any to be my favorite, that way my favorite won't disappear some day.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, the smaller ones are all pond fry from this year.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We found a gopro on the beach in florida last year.

Did it have any video on it? Would be cool to see what it was used for when it got lost. I hope to get one someday to film my own pond and adventures.

Your fish all look great! I can't wait until my baby fish start growing up. I also love that the bottom of your pond looks natural. I hope mine transforms into that eventually.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The deep end has a mixture of a fine layer of pea gravel and kitty litter (all spills, opps). The horn wort seems to like growing out of it, makes it look like a forest. What is interesting where this layer is, it stays pretty clear of algae, muck etc. Keeps a whitish color to the bottom. You can see it in the video.

The go pro had a ton of video and pictures I posted them here, on facebook, and other places trying to find the owners. Still have the data saved just in case some day they show up.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like a natural habitat pond underwater there and fish are so pretty. That camera takes great vids!

Ask a Question