Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
This is my reservoir that I use to collect rainwater. It fills up with rainwater that falls into it as well as holding the water from the overflow drain of the pond and when it gets full it drains into my spillway which is grass with 2 feet of river rock underneath. Not only does that take advantage of the rainfall and flood control but has the advantage that your ponds normal water is already partially mixed in with the rainwater in the reserve making it closer to the makeup of the water so you dont alter the chemistry of your pond too much when you need to add water for low levels or partial water changes.
11822672_927572557278963_1328031510375703297_n.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you have to use mosquito control in it .I know in my lily pond even with all the frogs i have I still have to use it and use it also in my rain barrels .Which by the way are now full to the brim since we have had all this rain .Last night was one bad storm .Winds first then really hard rain .I just checked my underground tank and with all the rain we have had in the last couple of days it is now almost full too

Ask a Question