My two planted tanks (one has been taken down.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A bit of a summary on my 40 gallon planted tank:
Tank was my first serious planted aquarium. I didn't scape it, I just wanted to see what plants did well with me. Unfortunately, COVID hit, and I wasn't able to maintain it, as you will definitely see near the end of the time-lapse after I gave it a big trim.

A bit of a summary on my 20 gallon planted tank:
The plants in here did very different from the plants in my 40 gallon. The bacopa for example barely grew in here, along with the ludwigia. I have never struggled so much with a tank. The time-lapse is pretty much garbage photos until it gets to the end, as I have been trying to figure this tank out for a long time. I finally have it figured out. Angelfish is moving soon for space for some new, more appropriately-sized stock. I will keep this thread updated as I'm excited to finally have some serious progress with this tank!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You may not have officially scaped the tank but you were in the primitive means if just trimming the plants you just had little in the way of hardware.

My avatar here was my planted tank God how I miss it . There was a water fall into the open top of a 90 gallon corner tank . Where I also had breeding shift tail finches. LOVE LOVE LOVED my planted tank inches from my lazy boy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Master the addition of co2 to a planted tank and you can. I had to remove my system as the plants grew so fast I was pruning every three days

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
IMG_20210424_161149_058.jpg

Plants have colored up after a small trim.

Ask a Question