My unfinished pond, in progress

Reaction score
This is my pond, water level is a little low at the moment. I lose some out of the stream but that will change when I get my smaller pump going. Like I said, it is in progress, we don't have a lot of time to spend on it so it takes a while for us to get it complete. This was a large project for us, but we like it. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the water level even though it is low, is still over 3 1/2 feet deep, it is about 4 feet deep when full. I can see all the yuck on the bottom that I need to get in there and clean. Before the bog filter I could not keep clear water. Anyway, just my two cents.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 379

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it is an ongoing process isnt it? well it looks good! actual;ly its an on and on and on process!!! are they ever real;ly done? enjoy

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The pond looks very nice...you will never stop thinking of improvements

Reaction score
Very nice. This pond reminds me of one I saw recently. They had a similar size and depth. I'm sure you have your design set but, one neat thing they did was stack stones on the bottom and place larger flag stone on top like a stone bench. Then stacked on top of that with more stone benches that connect to other stone benches which provide many different levels. Did not look particularly natural but very cool looking and casernes. They set plants on top of the benches at different heights as well. Something really neat about watching the koi swim through them from one to the next.

Reaction score
That sounds neat, it would look better than gazing at my pump and makeshift plant stands! Heck I like watching them swim around my milk crates that I have in there now. I might just use that stone and bench idea and ditch the crates.

and.....there is no way I will ever stop working on it, it will always will be a work in progress.

Thanks!

Reaction score
It is somewhere around 5500 gallons, plus now we have the stream and the bog, that probably adds around 500 more. I am going to try to remove the goldfish this summer and just keep the koi, I always end up with too many half breed babies.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I will take pictures of the waterfall after I get the new pump hooked up, oh and all the weeds pulled....The waterfall is really neat, but I didn't show it because of the weeds. Living in the windy desert, we get tons of weed seeds blowing around.

Ask a Question