My Water Features

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi

I have had water features for 18 years now,started off small with my first one,we moved house and inherited a big back garden,so of course I had to have a pond to match. Took me nearly six months to complete back in 2007,16ft round pond,cascading stream with 5 drops. Built myself another water feature last year consisting of a cascade running out of an 'old ruin' ,this is directly outside on the patio. Anyway,enough chat and here are a couple of photos of my handy work, designed and constructed by myself,no machinery.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you use your old wheelbarrows like I do .Plants look so nice in them and it is a win win when you can move them around

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very pretty. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The tree is that what they call a rain tree around these parts .I know a neighbor has one and it gets yellow flowers on it like that and he calls it a rain tree ,why I am not sure .I have never seen one like it for sale around here .He said he brought it with him and planted it 15 years ago .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Golden Rain tree (Koelreuteria paniculata) (pictured below) is often confused with the Golden Chain tree (Laburnum sp.). These two trees are completely different genus
golden rain tree.jpg

Laburnum are better suited to cooler climates and do not tolerate heat very well. Koelreuteria are much more forgiving and will grow well even in the Deep South of the U.S..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just know the pretty flowers hang down and makes a pretty display and have never seen one before .I do know they retired here from Vermont and I have a hard time understanding them at times .I thought the southern drawl was bad and still have a hard time with some of that .I hate having to tell people to repeat what they said .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Bob where in the UK are you from my friend ?
We hail from Plymouth and are founding fathers to the Plymouth and District Koi Keepers Society est 1991 weve been keeping ourselves for 29 years now .
May I say what a beautiful pond and its nice to have another Brit aboard :happy:
What fish do you keep koi or goldfish ?

Dave

Ask a Question