mysterious eggs?

Reaction score
last weekend we removed our 5 koi fromt eh 250 gal prefab into a 100 gal holding barrels that was attached to a 55 gal barrel filter. We also made a floating planter ringer so they were shelded form teh elements for the few days we had to construct the new pond.

I got some of the floating plants from C7 on here (in teh classified) and sure enough i saw some eggs. well when we filled the new pond up and moved the koi i looked and the entire bottom of the planter rings screen was COVERED in eggs. I am guessing maybe my koi spawned since it was super warm last week and moving them upset them?

Yesterday I checked on the screen and there are no longer any eggs, nor did i see any on the plants... is there a good chance that these guys hatched and are now exploring the 2500 galon pond? If so should I throw any special foods in there?

Thanks

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I harvest my eggs and put them into aquariums so I can feed the brine shrimp. I have 4 hatcheries going 24/7 for 6 weeks after the eggs hatch.

Reaction score
well i made a floater ring and when i saw them on the bottom of it so i flipped it inside out so they were inside the netting vice under... hopefully they well spawn again or else some will survive....

Reaction score
:beerchug:
Oh my goodness!!!
i was checking on teh 55 gal barrel yesterday to get soem leaves out of the top and sure enough a little tiny fish swam by! he wasnt more then a half inch with tiny eyes! We're hoping if one made it in there then maybe more are in the pond too!!

Ask a Question