Mysterious Wire Connector - i cant find a replacement ??

Reaction score
hi all ,

I'm new to the forum and to garden ponds. Just moved house and we have quite a big garden pond built in the ground out of concrete , it did house 8 large koi carp but the previous owner took them when they moved out.

Everything was fine with the pum until 3 days ago when it suddenly stopped , i looked at the pump/filter housing and noticed that the mains wire to the pump had come away from the pump. On closer inspection , the wire had actually come out of the connector ( see image) . The connector is a plastic circle , 2 wires go into the circle and then it plugs on to the pump , the pump has 2 pins.

Ive been everywhere and no-one seems to know what it is and where i can get a replacement from (as the cnnector is broken) hence why the pump has stopped.

I really want to get it fixed before the algae takes hold of the pond !

any help or ideas would be very much appreciated ..im running out of ideas :(

Attachments

• 20140617_140353.jpg
    20140617_140353.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 20140617_140345.jpg
    20140617_140345.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 312
Reaction score
Are you in the UK? It looks kind of like a regular socket for an AC line... but then I'm not sure why nobody would recognize it. Can you plug an extension cord right onto the pump? Assuming the pump is set up to run off a regular outlet. (not too familiar with UK power)

Reaction score
hi markd , yes im in the UK , not there is no other plug on the pump apart from this little 2 pin socket thing ?

Reaction score
hi ceejayH , thanks , is there any way i can connect the mains to the 2 in socket another way perhaps ?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
You should contact the pumps manufacture customer service or technical service. This is the right way to get your pump repaired. Now, you may need to prepare yourself for bad news, namely the pump bannot be repaired.

What is the pumps brand name and model number? I will gladly do some research.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
ok i will try and look tonight , but it is half buried !
Welcome to the site, jezrp. :) Perhaps a picture of the pump in question? You could take a shot or two while you're out searching for the make and model as Lou suggests.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
It does look like a switch, notice the first image has a 2/250, I believe it is two pole/prong 250 volts.

This is what I found "*Outlets typically controlled by adjacent switch.
Though nominal voltage has been officially changed to 230 V, 240 V is within tolerances and commonly found."

Does this thing rotate around itself? Can you post an image of the side that looks like internal part is visible?

Ask a Question