Mystery Lotus?

Reaction score
I bought this as Green Stage on Tianshan Mountain (preplanted at Lilypons). I think I got a different lotus.

First, this lotus is too large; over 5 feet, and the flower is about 6 feet. You can compare it to a lotus "chastity" which is behind it and to the left. Their catalog lists this as a "M" lotus, and this seems more like a large, both in height and leaf size. Second, there is a tinge of pink in the flower; it may be that the pink will disappear with age.

Thoughts on what this is? Labelled properly, or not?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It'g gorgeous, that's what it is!!!! (y)
John

@Linus_Cello Google 'Nucifera alba plena' for a comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It'g gorgeous, that's what it is!!!! (y)
John

@Linus_Cello Google 'Nucifera alba plena' for a comparison.

I don't think it's alba plena, not as "double" as plena.

Heard back from Lilypons. They think it was mislabelled, and will give me store credit. They told me to keep it, but I don't want it since it's too big; will try to return it in the fall (one less lotus to winterize).

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I don't think it's alba plena, not as "double" as plena.

Heard back from Lilypons. They think it was mislabelled, and will give me store credit. They told me to keep it, but I don't want it since it's too big; will try to return it in the fall (one less lotus to winterize).
I agree, but it's the closest I could find.
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you want to get rid of I will take it, but it can't be dug up until the leaves die off. It would fit well into my lotus tub. Mine stay outside year round. 300 gallon tank with around a foot of kitty litter in it. The water does freeze down almost to the litter, but the lotus grow back every spring.

I have a small foot print lotus that has taken over one of my ponds, it jumped its pot, In the fall I could send you some tubers from it. The flower is white, one of those dwarf lotus.

Ask a Question